In honor of National Cat Day & last minute Halloween costumes (you know you're one of them), I'm sharing with you my costume I whipped up last weekend in about 10 minutes -- a cat! All you need is a little fur, elastic hair bands, and some eyeliner. The best part? You'll be comfortable (not to mention warm!), you can incorporate all of these pieces in your everyday wardrobe....and you'll be one fashionable cat ;)
1. Black fur vest - MeOWWW! A cat's gotta be furry, amiright?!
2. Faux leather leggings - You can wear regular cotton leggings if you want, but I was feeling like a fancy cat :)
3. Black eyeliner - Not just for those beautiful eyes of yours! I drew a little nose and whiskers with my eyeliner
4. Black flats or black booties - I wore lace up flats with my costume, but to feel a little more dressed up you can pair your purrrrfect costume with a cute pair of heeled booties!
5. Black shirt - Any black shirt will do -- cotton, turtleneck, short-sleeve, long sleeve -- whatever you want!
Because I didn't have cat ears lying around anywhere, I ended up parting the top part of my hair on my head into 2 sections & twisting them into small knots to resemble ears. Not quite the same thing, but still served a purpose.
You can't tell if I'm a cat or human, right?
Happy Halloween! What are some of your last-minute costumes? I'm always looking for some...I'm a procrastinator when it comes to these things....