I need to preface this post with a disclaimer: I am in no way, shape or form a skilled hair/makeup/beauty/skin. Like at all.
I have no makeup routine; I wish I did. I wish I knew how to skillfully apply makeup everyday, and curl my hair so it doesn't look like either a bird's nest or a drowned rat. However I do have a few basic products that I do swear by that make me feel like a normal, put-together human, and I thought I would share them with you!
1. Amika dry shampoo -- Ok I CANNOT live without dry shampoo. This is my favorite one because it doesn't leave white residue in my hair (if you can't tell, I have dark hair) and feels more weightless than most.
2. Pixi Glow Tonic -- I wipe my face down in the morning & night after washing it with this tonic. It leaves my face feeling even more fresh & tingly...and you would not believe the extra dirt it picks up!
3. Neutrogena Visibly Even BB Cream -- This BB cream acts as a moisturizer on top of serving it's BB purposes. Simple as that!
4. Laura Mercier eye concealer -- This is a thicker concealer from what I normally use, and it's amazing to use under my eyes to brighten them up....especially on those tired, baggy eye mornings!
5. Signorina by Ferragamo -- I love perfumes that have an "unusual" smell, something that is unsuspecting. I found out a few months ago while looking for a new perfume that I am drawn to fragrances with roses & peonies -- favorite flowers for a reason! Signorina has always been one of my favorites and go-tos when I'm not sure what else to try or get. A classic staple!
6. NARS Laguna bronzer & NARS Orgasm blush -- Despite the uncomfortable name of the blush, it does add a rosy glow to your cheeks no matter what time of year it is. And the bronzer does the same. I only put the bronzer on the bridge of my nose, cheeks, and a tiny dusting on my forehead. They have been my favorite for about 5 years now!
7. Diorshow Extase Mascara -- I have tried ALL sorts of mascaras and this has been my favorite every time. I've always wanted long, curly eyelashes (naturally) without losing the volumizing factor, and this mascara nails all 3 things.